Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ON THE HOME STRETCH

When paul McCartney sang of the long and winding road, he knew. Even still, I consider this journey of mine and my husband' to have been fairly short in the scheme of things but long just the same. It is a winding road which right now seems to have landed right back where we started just over a year ago. Even if we are on the same summit I hope the way we move from here will have a different outcome.
The surgery to replace his hip was over 4 hours long. He was home in 4 days, weakened but the experience and not yet seeing a walking light at the end of the tunnel. We are back to wheel chairs and walkers again. He is just reliving trauma but I see definite hope for the future. His pain in combination with his experience last year is disheartening. I am seeing it differently and while I cannot now tell him that his pain is 'better', he is in a kinder gentler place and I have hope.

No comments: