Saturday, June 13, 2009

Regaining ground

When you have been off your feet for awhile, it is hard to get back up and move on. I am watching my hubby take those very small steps that will get him back. A move today from one room and floor to another will be a setback. surroundings are hugely important in feeling like you are making progress. When you are moved from a nice room with good care to one less well cared for and staff who don't approach their job with a feeling of self worth then it impacts the sense of well being for their patients.
My goal will be to get him out of there as quickly as possible. Depression is a big part of delaying the healing process. Since he suffers from these overwhelming bouts of sadness from time to time, I will have to watch him carefully.
Thankful for the writing which continues to help me to cope.

No comments: